A 'Teach through Phone' Initiative by Team Everest
What is Speak Out?
Speak Out is an initiative of Team Everest NGO where volunteers teach students through phone call to improve their communication skills. Volunteers will be tagged to a student to have 1-to-1 conversation. The idea behind speak out is that, when student practice English daily, they can improve on it!
Be the voice for change.
How It Works?
- Two volunteers will be tagged to one student to have 1 - to - 1 conversation, where they will guide students through phone call to improve their English communication skills.
- Each volunteer will call the student on alternative days to have a 30 mins conversation.
- It is a 40 day program. So, each volunteer will be calling the student for 20 days.
- We have a dedicated curriculum for each Semester which can be accessed from our 'Speak Out' mobile app. It has 40 sessions and the volunteer need to complete 1 session every day.
- Volunteers have 9 different slots from 6AM to 9PM IST to pick and volunteer. Choose a time slot which suits you and start volunteering.
Sidhan, 2nd Year (I am the Change Scholar)
With the help of the Speak Out program, I have improved my grammar and vocabulary. This in turn has helped me to improve my English speaking skills.
Sathya Priya, Speak Out Volunteer
It was a learning experience for me as the student I trained came up with many doubts. I had to take the help of Google to clear her queries. I feel happy bout helping a student and learn an essential skill like English communication.
Vidya Ranganathan, Speak Out Volunteer
It was an absolute pleasure to interact and teach a Speak Out student Aarthi. In fact I felt bad when I realised there are no more speak out sessions left for me to take.